Tuesday 8 March 2016

Life Drawing, - General Practice on the Language of Drawing

A slightly longer series of 15 - 20 minute poses today to warm up the drawing muscles...


 Quick sketches using black marker pen on newsprint paper

 Slightly longer poses seemed to produce better results.


I'm still foreshortening the dimensions a little too much, I wonder if it's my height ratio to the model? - I'm 6'4", whereas the model is perhaps 5'3 / 5'4?




A very basic full - on drawing was made to test the theory that my sighting (being above the model) is causing too much foreshortening in the legs...

This drawing was conducted whilst seated on a drawing stool, lowering my eye level to that of the model. It appears to have corrected the proportion issues....











Some of the exercises in "Drawing Projects; An exploration of  the language of Drawing", (2011), Maslin, M. and Southern, J., London, Black Dog Publishing, were considered suitable themes to investigate in future drawing sessions.  I have purchased this excellent book for myself and will work through the exemplars through the coming months in my own time...
http://blackdogonline.com/art/drawing-projects.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

(Current Studies, by blog description (2015-16)) - Click on each label to see corresponding posts!